Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation (LOHF) is health-focused resource center created to strengthen the mental well-being of children and youth in Lancaster County. By focusing on two intersecting goals — strengthening the capacity of the healthcare community and improving children’s behavioral health — LOHF provides critical access to financial and educational resources within the community.
LOHF is proud to announce that grant applications are now being accepted for the Community Grant program to improve children’s behavioral health in Lancaster County. LOHF will facilitate partnership with Lancaster County community benefit organization whose work impacts these three areas:
- Care Coordination: Improve the delivery of children’s behavioral healthcare services.
- Increase access to mental/behavioral health services
- Seamless transition of services for young adults
- Coordinate resources to support families in navigating and accessing care
- Parent/Caregiver Education: Enhance the capacity of parents, families and caregivers through trainings and support.
- Increase competency in addressing children’s mental/behavioral needs
- Increase understanding and confidence in parents using strength-based techniques
- Decrease need for care coordination
- Access to Providers: Improve the capacity of providers to support and treat children.
- Reduce wait time for behavioral healthcare
- Increase number of children who have and utilize health insurance
- Encourage well-child visits and preventive care
- Expand number and frequency of behavioral/mental health screening in primary care
Letters of intent must be submitted by January 15, 2016. Applications are available online.