— Content provided by Spooky Nook Sports
The Summer Olympics are gearing up Rio de Janerio, Brazil on August 5 through August 21, 2016. There will be over 10,500 athletes, including our Lancaster-based USA Women’s Field Hockey team. The team practices at the Home of Hockey, otherwise known as Spooky Nook Sports in Manheim. With the team being ranked 5th in the world, Team USA has high hopes for the Olympic gold!
This will be the first trip to the Olympics for Stefanie Fee, Defender for the Women’s USA Field Hockey Team and native to Virginia Beach, VA.
A Typical Day in the Life of Stefanie Fee:
I am not your average 25-year-old college graduate living in the world today. I have a limited wardrobe of “real-world” attire and my briefcase is a gym bag. My office is a locker room and my work is done on a playing field. I eat, sleep, and breathe field hockey, and then I usually eat again. It is an honor to wake up each day and play the sport I love. However, it comes at a cost of constant work, attention, performance, effort, and drive 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I consider each day an opportunity to get us one step closer to our ultimate goal – An Olympic Medal in Rio 2016. Here is an example of my daily grind:
- 7:00am – Wake up and get ready for the day
- 7:15am – Eat breakfast (My favorite meal: 2 over easy eggs, 2 pieces of toast with jam)
- 7:30am – Enjoy the Today Show with a cup of coffee
- 8:15am – Arrive at The Nook for training
- 8:20am – Personal Stretching and strengthening rehab
- 9:00am – 11:15am – Team Practice
- Warm up
- Stick skills warm up
- Small game play
- Shooting exercises
- Cool down
- 11:30am – Lunch at The Nook (Provided by the Nook Chefs: salad, grilled chicken, fruit salad)
- 12:00pm – 1:15pm – Personal relaxation time with a cup of coffee
- 1:15pm – Pre-practice snack (Quest Protein Bar and fruit)
- 1:30pm – Personal light stretching
- 2:00pm – 4:30pm – Practice
- Warm up
- Shooting Drills/Passing Drills
- Larger Field Scrimmage
- Cool Down
- 5:00pm – Dinner at The Nook (Provided by the Nook Chefs: steak, asparagus, and sweet potatoes)
- 5:30pm – Arrive home and relax
- 7:30pm – Tea and a snack (Plain Greek yogurt and honey)
- 9:30pm – Bed Time
*Drinking water is a constant occasion and need throughout the day.
Support the Team! Spooky Nook Sports is hosting the USA Field Hockey Team vs. India and Canada as a Citi Rio Send-Off Series in preparation for the Olympics. The public is invited to attend these games, held July 18-26, to cheer on the team. Visit: https://webpoint.usfieldhockey.com/wp15/Events2/ViewEvt.wp?EventID=269791 to purchase tickets!