Information provided by The Candy Factory
Exit Lancaster, an innovative program for area youth, has set their Pink Lancaster Campaign in support of breast cancer awareness, for Wednesdays in October.
Pink Lancaster is organized by Exit Lancaster, a program designed to provide inner-city youth choices to create a winning life plan. Its leaders say they do the fundraiser because they believe that showing youth the impact of community building establishes a sense of pride and responsibility within them.
To get involved, supporters can purchase a Pink Lancaster T-shirt at https://squareup.com/store/exit-lancaster. On Wednesdays, people wearing those shirts can receive the following special offerings from local business partners.
- El Jardin: free Pink Lancaster T-shirt with $25 purchase.
- Federal Taphouse: 10% off your meal.
- Barbering at DFB / Hair at DFB studios 15% off
- Good Spirits: book with Good Spirits for a combination of their bartending services and provisions package and receive 25% off your total. You will also be entered to win a free mixology lesson for you and 15 friends. They’ll come to your home and show you the ropes and how to concoct the trendiest beverages. Mention Pink Lancaster Campaign when you inquire.
- Pasquale’s Italian Garden & Pizzeria: free slice of pizza on Oct. 26 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Soul Restaurant: 10% off your meal.
- That Shuu Girl: 10% of your purchase.
- Tellus360: 20% off your meal.
- The Candy Factory: one free day pass.
- Yorgos Restaurant and Lounge: 10% off your meal.
- Mio Studio: 10% off anything in the store.
- Coe Camera: 10% off all print orders.
- Cafe Di Vetro: 10% off your purchase.
Supports and sponsors also include Lancaster City Alliance, Latin American Cultural Center, Excelsior, and Fine Living Lancaster. The Mayor of Lancaster, Richard Gray has made an official proclamation to make Wednesday, October 26, Pink Lancaster Day. There are plans for a special celebration the night of Oct. 26 at Tellus360.
Since 2012, the annual fundraiser has brought in more than $11,000 for cancer research. This year, it supports the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute and Tour De Pink, a bike ride that raises money to help young women with breast cancer.
For more information please visit, exitlancaster.org/pink-lancaster.