Have you ever heard of the Think Dirty app for smart phones? It’s an app which helps you shop clean by scanning health and beauty product at the store. Once you scan the product, Think Dirty filters through its database, rating the chosen product on how good or bad it is for you. A rating of 10 is terrible, a 0 is amazing.
One line of products which rates a 0 is Young Living Essential Oils. FLLmagazine met up with Abby C. Young, a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker, who also has a passion for using Young Living Essential oils and products in her everyday life.
While these oils are not medicine, they do act as powerful antioxidants, eliminate toxins, are amazing for your skin and body and that’s just the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to know more about essential oils and how they can impact your daily life, a great place to start is by purchasing the Starter Kit from Young Living Essential Oils.
The kit includes the following:
- Lemon: detoxing (add to water), energizing, healthy skin, great to use for cleaning.
- Peppermint: Abby’s personal favorite; helps with concentration and focus, energizing, appetite suppressant.
- Copaiba: smells earthy; supports overall wellness; enhances and magnifies any other oil’s properties which you add it to.
- Panaway: smells like spearmint; relieves soreness, stressed nerves; offers joint support.
- Stress Away: smells like vanilla; dab it on yourself to relieve nerve tension; relaxing and promotes sleep
- Thieves: One of the most popular oils in the line of products; offers immune and respiratory support; great for all natural cleaning.
- R.C.: made of a couple types of eucalyptus; supports great breathing and respiration; uplifts and inspires.
- Frankincense: Abby suggested googling frankincense and researching its amazing properties; very uplifting and amazing for your skin, as well.
- Lavender: Very calming and regulates moods, great for sleep support and relaxation and for your skin and hair.
- Digize: supports all things digestion and stomach oriented; alleviates nausea, heartburn; supports immune system.
- Purification: This is Abby’s number one pick for clear skin; neutralizes odors; can be used on anything from blemishes to in your trashcan.
So, what are some of the applications for essential oils?
- Aromatically: You can diffuse oils or literally inhale them straight from the bottle to help with mood regulation. The oils work on emotions via the limbic system of your brain when inhaled.
- Topically: You can apply the oils directly to your skin. It is recommended to dilute the oils for children. Within minutes after applying oils topically, they can be found in every organ of your body, and within just 20 minutes, the oils have reached every single cell in your body. The more you use them the more benefits to your body!
- Ingestion: The special Vitality line of Young Living Essential Oils are great to add to water. Abby cooks with her oils to enhance flavor and add nutrients, and adds her lemon and orange oils to smoothies. All it takes is just one or two drops.
You can also use certain oils to calm and relax your pets!
For more information about Young Living essential oils, or you would like to get started, e-mail Abby Young at email@example.com, and check her out on Instagram at: abbyyoungessentials.